From May 29th - June 4th, Chris Burkard will be leading one of the most in depth workshops to date. Participants will travel extensively through Southern Iceland for 7 days while learning first hand how to best photograph this beautiful country. Exclusive accommodations include 4 nights in Icelandic Volcano Huts which are located in Thórsmörk. From natural thermal spas to Superjeep tours, mountain biking to volcano hikes, this workshop will take participants to one of the most pristine and untouched areas of Iceland!
- Early morning arrival
- Visit Reykjanesviti and Gunnuhver geothermal area
- Soak in the Blue Lagoon
- Lunch at Salthúsið in Grindavík
- Travel to Þórsmörk
- Presentation in Volcano Huts lounge
- Hikes around the around the area
- Fat bikes (optional) - Transport available for nearby spots
- “Superjeep” day tour on fully modified Land Rover Defenders.
- Exact itinerary depending on conditions on the day.
- Options include Mýrdalsjökull glacier and black sand beaches.
- Aerial flight day
- 1 hour private flight over Iceland's highlands with photographer instructor
*this flight is optional! Additional activities planned for those who do not want to fly*
- Skógafoss waterfall
- DC-30 plane wreckage site
- Dyrhólaey coastal cliffs
- Paragliding (optional).
- Fjaðrárgljúfur Canyon -- kayak and cliff jump!
- Glacier lagoon and beach.
- Zodiac tour on Fjallsárlón Glacier Lagoon (optional)
- Þjórsárdalur and Gjáin
- transfer to KEF airport
This workshop will include daily instruction. There will be group sessions as well as one-on-one reviews and instruction. We will be covering some of these topics in detail. The students will be required to work on mock assignments given by me. Daily critiques will be given as well!
- Shooting for a magazine, client or brand
- Social media tips and best practices.
- Photographic techniques and best practices
- Working with light / photo theory
- Editing in Lightroom
- Building your digital library
- Working with editors
- Building your personal brand
- How to optimize your camera
- Transport in a 4x4 for 7 days
- 1 day tour in 3 Super Defenders
- All meals 4 nights accommodation in double room with shared facilities at Volcano Huts (single rooms available for an additional $160)
- Personal, one-on-one photographic instruction and guidance from Chris.
- Image review sessions and tips on processing your files
- 2 nights’ hotel accommodation with private facilities
- 1 dedicated driver for 7 days, and 2 additional drivers for day tour
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Airfare and Travel Insurance (recommended)
Registration opens on
and closes on
*5% of proceeds will go to protecting Iceland's highlands as a National Park*