Happy Holidays from CB Studios! Use the code "CBHOLIDAYS25" for 25% off your order on all prints and merchandise (does not include workshops).
Norway Boat Trip Workshop
Oct 14-21 (7 Days)
In October 2018, Chris Burkard will be leading an intensive photography workshop through the waters of North Western Norway. Sailing aboard the Valiente, participants will explore Steigen, Vestfjord, Lofoten, Reine, Værøy Island, and other epic locations on the way. You will spend time adventuring from Trollfjord, Skrova, to Unstand bay enjoying the dancing northern lights by campfire on the beach!
*There are only 7 spots available on this boat workshop.
Regarding the places you will be stopping at along the way, it totally depends on the weather conditions at the time. It will be mid autumn in the Arctic and the northern lights will surely be lighting up the night sky. It is possible for all of the surrounding mountain peaks to be dusted with snow as winter approaches. It’s impossible to give a 100% accurate itinerary but the tentative itinerary is as follows:
- Sailing through the beautiful landscape of Steigen and crossing Vestfjord over to Lofoten.
- A morning to remember, waking up in Trollfjord.
- Vistas of the steep mountains en route to the peak of Skrova.
- Exploring all day at the epic surf spot Unstad bay.
- Sailing through the Lofoten wall with steady course for Reine.
- Hiking to the top of the unique island of Værøy for an unreal view.
- Crossing Vestfjorden back to the mainland with course for Bødo.
The itinerary is loose and is going to be built around the weather. We have a huge list of activities we will be participating in and shooting everyday. This workshop is the opportunity to shoot alongside me while we both strive to create the best images we can. We will concept out assignments and work on how to best execute them. Each day will have options for different activities. It is important that those who apply have a decent understanding of their camera and feel safe participating in any of these activities.
This workshop will include daily instruction and is structured around 7 course modules. There will be group sessions as well as one-on-one reviews and instruction. We will be covering some of these topics in detail. The students will be required to work on mock assignments given by me. Daily critiques will be given as well!
- Shooting for a magazine, client or brand
- Social media tips and best practices
- Photographic techniques and best practices
- Working with light / photo theory
- Editing in Lightroom
- Building your digital library
- Working with editors
- Building your personal brand
- How to optimize your camera
Including but not limited to:
- Day Hiking
- Wildlife Observations: Arctic Foxes, Otters, Sea Eagles, Whales, and more.
- Polar Plunges in the Arctic Ocean.
- Home cooked Norwegian Cuisine, prepared by the Captain.
- Learning the ins and outs of sailing through the Arctic
- Photograph the Aurora Borealis!
- All food, accommodation, and transportation once you arrive in Norway.
- Bunk accommodation on Valiente (due to the nature of this trip and this vessel, participants will have individual bunks in a communal space - no private accommodations are available).
- Personal, one-on-one photographic instruction and guidance from Chris.
- Image review sessions and tips on processing your image files.
- Access to parts of the Norway coast that few people ever get to see!
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Airfare Travel and trip insurance to and from Bodø, Norway.
- Tips for Captain and Crew appreciated.
Transportation to and from Bødo, Norway NOT included. Once aboard the vessel transportation will be provided for the entirety of the trip.
Olav V gate, 8004 Bødo, Norway
*Schedule and itinerary coming soon
*Final payment is due by August 14th, 2018. At this time the deposit becomes non-refundable.*
"To say that the trip to Greenland with Chris was amazing, inspiring and the best thing I have possibly ever done is an understatement. Chris and his team are an exceptionally creative, professional and talented bunch. My photography has come on in leaps and bounds. The captain and his crew on our beautiful home for the week were so welcoming, accommodating and knowledgeable. It was definitely a trip of self discovery, fun and adventure and I have made new friends for life."
- Emma K.
"I started the trip with a decent grasp of photography fundamentals and editing. By the end, I had been completely transformed and now have an intuitive understanding of focus, aperture, and focal length like I’ve never had before. Lightroom color correcting now makes total sense to me as well. Amazing experience."
- Judson V.